Saturday 26 February 2011

Review: Shadow the Hedgehog (Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox)

Alright It's Saturday morning (Around 4:20 to be exact), I'm tired as all hell and I'm watching airplane! (great film, anyone who hasn't seen it should) Anyway time for a review of a great game.
SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG

Once again not much about the game itself, the only other thing I'll say is that the game adopts a "choose your path" adventure with multiple endings.

About the game

Shadow the Hegehog was a third-person shooter released for the three sixth-gen consoles in November of 2005 and follows the story of Sonic's nemisis Shadow (hence the title) on his journey to discover his true identity and his past.

Graphics

This game's graphics are second to none, really demonstrates the capibilities of 128-bit graphics,
every aspect of the graphics fit together and run ever so smoothly, but there is one problem with the graphics however, in some graphically intense areas the game tends to slow down ever so slightly (this is however, a very rare occurence).

My verdict-9/10

Sound

Not too much to say about the sound, sound effects and voice acting are both great, the music is the real let-down, the sound effects can sometime overshadow the music, so I guess it's not really the music's fault but...still...The music is also a bit limited throughout most of the game.

My verdict-8/10

Control

Not really much to report with the control, standard to say the least, the only things I can really complain about is the confusion between X and Y in the heat of the game (that may just be me though) and the lack of reliability in the homing attack which can literally send you off the edge if you're not too careful.

My verdict-8/10

Difficulty

The game's difficulty progresses at a fair rate on thr first run, as you complete different paths however, the difficulty does repeat itself as you choose different paths and obviously becomes a bit too boring after a while.

My verdict-9/10

Length

One path will take up about 1-2 hours depending on your skill and the whole game should take a few weeks to complete which means you get a lot out of this game for your money.

My verdict-10/10

Replay value

Due to the fact that rewards are given for each ending reached and that multiple paths can be achieved, the replay value is outstanding.

My verdict-10/10

My final verdict-54/60-A-Like golden axe this is one of the best games for these formats and has won a place in my top 10 games.

Well thats all I have for now.
Speak to y'all sat.
See you all soon.
TheWardy signing off.

2 comments:

  1. Great review Tom. Enjoy reading these - very well structured and presented and the content is good. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    Really loving your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you thought.
Be nice please ^^