Sunday 20 March 2011

Review: Super Mario Bros (NES/Famicom)

OK guys apologies.
I fell asleep before I could upload this.
Imma try put these out earlier from now on.
Anyway ONWARD!

About the game

You know what Super Mario Bros is right? No? Get the f**k off my blog then! I keed I keed...you all know who Mario is.
Anyway Super Mario Bros was released on the Nintendo Family Computer/Entertainment System between 1985 and 1987 and involves an italian-american plumber trying to rescue a princess...I don't know either.

Graphics

This game has fairly basic graphics for NES standards but it did look pretty good when it came out so I'm not complaining.

My verdict-8/10

Sound

Music and sfx on this game are pretty good but the explosion sounds at the end of the level (if you're lucky) could have been done better(in that they could have used white noise-like sounds for it).

My verdict-9/10

Control

The control can't really be faulted too much except the fact that some jumps can go a bit too wrong but it's not really a big deal.

My verdict-9/10

Difficulty

This game has a pretty smooth difficulty curve and once again only has a slight flaw that takes it off perfect, the water levels.

My verdict-9/10

Length

I've never completed this game before but I'm gonna say this game will last you about 30 mins to maybe about an hour and a half which is great for a sidescroller.

My verdict-10/10

Replay value

This game is quite hard to put down (hence why I've stopped playing before I go to college) and I think this would apply after you complete the game :)

My verdict-10/10

My final verdict-55/60-A-An amazing game that sparked off an amazing line of games in my opinion :)

Well that's it.
Sorry it was so late.
I'm about to start the next review, heres the hint:
Gameboy exclusive starring the same main character released in 1989.
Anyway speak to you lot tomorrow.
Don't do anything stupid.
TheWardy sigining off.

3 comments:

  1. :) Well done.
    Now time to find out what the hell happened to my front page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then everything was good with the world.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you thought.
Be nice please ^^