Wednesday 20 April 2011

Retrospect 3/8: Xbox Vs SNES

I don't know why I keep doing these so late but here it is! Like a whole day late but oh well.

Today I will be comparing Microsoft's Xbox and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System which were released in 2001-2002 and 1990-1992 respectively and were both pretty successful, the SNES being moreso but the Xbox was still pretty successful.

OK onto the comparison, thingy.

The first point is, you guessed it, media, faster, more durable etc etc. Also you don't really need casing for them, I mean ideally you would keep them in boxes and stuff but they are not essential.

Second point is the weight, for anyone who hasn't held an Xbox, it weighs about 1 1/2-2 360 units, basically if you dropped one on your foot, you'd know.

Finally there is sound, with the SNES the only noise you get is that god awful click you get when flipping the power switch whereas the PSU (or possibly CPU fan) on the Xbox makes a terribly annoying whirring/buzzing sound.

Anyway I think that's it for this week's retrospect, once again sorry I'm late.
Be back in an hour or two with the Flash Game of the Week.
See you then.
TheWardy signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought.
Be nice please ^^