Tuesday 12 April 2011

Retrospect 2/8: Gameboy Vs PSP

Good evening ladies and gentlemen its Wednesday 12th April 2011, I fell asleep whilst writing this last night, I'm TheWardy and this, is My 2 Rusty Pennies.

OK so the consoles I will be comparing today are the Sony Playstation Portable and the Nintendo Gameboy which were released in 2004/5 and 1989/90 respectively which is kind of irrelevant so I'm going to move on.


First off, media, Gameboy uses cartridges (or "Game paks") and the PSP uses UMDs, 2 things with this.

The first is an obvious one, the load times, PSP load times are usually 30s-1min, Gameboy instant load blah blah blah I know it cant be helped.

The second involves the durability of the media, now I've only had one Gameboy (Gameboy colour to be precise) and I've had my fair share of UMD cases split on me making them unusable.


Secondly there is storage, put simply with the Gameboy you don't have to worry about SD cards and stuff like that.


And I think this is the last one, this is sorta stupid cause of the ad-hoc game sharing thingy but you don't have to worry about wi-fi or anything like that.


That's all I can say really, next one I think will be the SNES and the Xbox Classic.

I'm sorry this came out late, will try write them earlier.

Anyway Flash Game of the Week should be up in about 15-30 mins :)

See you then.

TheWardy signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought.
Be nice please ^^