Sunday 1 May 2011

Why do I use Ubuntu?

This was purely done out of boredom and because I love it so much.

OK here are 10 reasons why I am using Ubuntu:

1-It's free-Who doesn't like free stuff?!
2-It's open source-This being an open source operating system I can legally change any problem with the operating system myself without being sued or anything.
3-It's pretty-I'll admit the looks really got me with this system, it just looks so smooth.
4-It's fast-Comparing this to my Windows operating system it is immensely faster especially when you see what Ubuntu can do, plus I have never seen a 10 second natural shutdown apart from Ubuntu.
5-The social aspect-Ubuntu has integrated messenger, mail and social networking apps which mean I don't have to fire Chrome up everytime I want to check my e-mails or tweet something.
6-The command line interface-As a programmer I love toying around with and learning about command line interfaces.
7-It's safe and secure-When I was installing this I was required to set a password which I don't think can be removed (Haven't checked as of yet) and not many viruses have been written into Linux.
8-It broadens my game development horizons-Because Ubuntu uses OpenGL as opposed to DirectX I can learn how to program games for OpenGL platforms and possibly how to port games between APIs.
9-It has 4 desktops-Which means I can reduce taskbar clutter.
10-It is indie(ish)-I plead guilty to using it because it is not really mainstream, I am not proud of it but I will admit it.

Anyway those are 10 of the reasons I have for using Ubuntu, that was a useless waste of my time but I hope you enjoyed it.
The dev blog will be up on Tuesday at the very latest, until then, goodbye.
TheWardy signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you thought.
Be nice please ^^